Saturday, September 5, 2009

Family Birthday Party

Today we had our family party for Ava and my nephew Liam. It was again at our splash park cause hey...the kids love it. This is Ava opening up some gifts. I have read to Ava since she was like 2 months old and now she loves books. I can put tons of toys and books around her and she almost always goes for the books. Then she'll turn the page and point to things and talk. It is so cute. She got this book as a gift and wouldn't put it down to open the rest.

We of course had a pinata. Which Ava was way excited about. Ok not really at all. She had no idea why I was making her hold a piece of wood and hit this thing.

My sister-in-laws friend makes birthday cakes and made this for their Curious George themed party. It was so cute and so good.

Of course Ava loved it. After every bite she would wipe off the extra on her thighs.

My mother-in-law and father-in-law got Ava this cool ride toy. Ava loved it!! She wanted to be pushed all day and even into the night. Notice Ava's shirt. This is the second birthday shirt I made for her. They were so cute.

These are my in-laws it was so nice to have them there. I am kicking myself because my parents came home from the MTC to the party and I didn't get a picture of them with her. I can't believe it. It was a lot of fun and LOTS of kids. She hasn't actually turned 1 yet so I am sure we'll do something on that day too. She sure is spoiled :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What a cute birthday girl and what a cute family. Love how happy your home is. Thanks for your kind comments about Dad and I. We know we are not great but we also know we must have done a few things right because you are all so terrific. Love, Mom