Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Quarantine house

Our house has not been so fun this past week. Ava and I both got some cold virus and were sick all last week. She has had a fever on and off and a really really runny nose. Yesterday after a 4 hour nap she felt burning hot to me. I took her temperature and it was over 102 degrees. She also started coughing which was new. So we decided to take her to the doctor just to check that she didn't have something serious.
Ava was having a really hard time breathing so they stuck a little tube in her nose to suction it out. It was so sad. Jeff had to hold her head and I had to hold her arms and legs. She was really fighting it. At one point Ava started to gag and her whole face went red cause she wasn't breathing so I grabbed the tube out of the nurses hand and pulled it out. I was kind of embarrassed cause I am sure she would have been fine I just panicked.
Turns out she just still has a bad cold virus and I have decided to stay home and not go outside with her this week. Through all this sickness and teething Ava has still been such a trooper. She still smiles and laughs at me and then coughs till she throws up. I know she feels awful but she still wants to play and smile at me. It is so sweet.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Its soooo sad when kids are sick. Doesn't it just break your heart! Beckham is just getting over RSV and I was super sick with him. We totally know how you are feeling! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

ShRobyn, I'm sorry that sucks. I think that would be the hardest thing for me w/my future kids is knowing they are sick and you can't do much to help them:( Miss you!

Jeff, Whitney and Kael said...

That stinks. I hope you all get better soon. It is pretty crazy we have kids about the same age. Kids are freaking wonderful.

T. Driaza said...

I was wondering if you guys caught the junk going around! Poor baby! I totally would have freaked too w/ the tubes! awww hope you guys feel better! I'll understand if you can't make it tonight! You'll be missed!

Heidi said...

Poor girl! I can just see you taking control and taking the tube out. That's kinda funny. :) Hope she's feeling better.

Jamie said...

oh, sad, hope you guys start feeling better soon!

The Lee Adventure said...

poor little love, I would of done the excact same thing to the nurse so don't worry about it! I am kind of a crazy mom! Some times a steamy bath helps cora unplug. good luck.