Monday, December 1, 2008

Sleep Update

Thank you to everyone who gave me such good advice. I got the book Healthy Sleeping Habits Healthy Baby and love it. It talks about timing nightime when you see your baby's first signs of sleepyness. The first night it took a long while to put her to sleep and I know it is because we went out with friends and waited till she was beyond tired to put her down. I decided to not let her "cry it out" till 3-4 months. So everytime she started to cry I would calm her down and put her back to sleep. Last night I gave her a bath at 7:30 and then a lotion massage and watched for first signs. She started yawning and rubbing her eyes around 9. She ate and was out at 10 and slept till 4. That's 6 hours! The longest she has slept yet. When she woke up at 4 she ate and was back to sleep by 4:20. YEA!!! Hopefully we can stick to this schedule.

3 comments:

Julie Young said...

YAY! Isn't it such a relief when babies are happy and sleeping good! It makes everything less stressful. I hope you like that book. I really learned a lot from it.

Heidi said...

And this is why I'm not ready for children.... :) I'm glad you're getting some Z's in.

The Lee Adventure said...

oh yea! I am glad things are going better! I hope it keeps going!