Friday, February 1, 2008

We're Having a Baby

So it is very unexpected but I am pregnant. At first I didn't take the first two positive pregnancy tests so well. After sitting in the bathroom crying and Jeff telling me it was all going to be ok, I pulled myself together and took three more tests. Now that it has sunken in I am getting more excited. I am just so grateful that I have so many hip sisters and sister-in-laws who have loads of baby stuff for me to use. It is a definite blessing.
It is a little scary with Jeff still being in school and me working to pay most of the bills but, I figure if Heavenly Father really wants us to have this baby so bad then it must all work out in the end. I am just hopping it will be how everyone says.....everything will just come together and work out. I am surprised at how incredibly nauseous I really am. At first I thought, this is great I am going to be one of the lucky ones that don’t get sick….WRONG. I haven’t thrown up yet which I guess is pretty good but not ever wanting to eat because the thought and smell of food is repulsive is not so fun either.

6 comments:

Carly said...

robobyn, i always knew we had a lot in common....love ya and i definitely can sympathize with you!!

Crawford Family said...

Just avoid the grocery store :) The array of smells absolutely killed me. I was lucky with Sam and only was sick once but man Liam killed me. But I was "lucky" and threw up a good four to five times a day. Sounds horrible but after each one I felt great for at least a half an hour, long enough to at least have some interaction with Sam. It came with the terrible side effects of masive weight loss and several trips to the hospital for dehydration but I am telling you if you can make it to week 16 you will be great!!! I know you will a wonderful mom and the moment they place that adorable baby in your arms you will wonder what in the world you cared and thought about before :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is great news! Even if you are not that ready for the chapter in your life! We should totally be blogging buddies! I am going to put you on my page if you dont mind. I am working for an architect firm in St. George and loving it! I actually graduated from SUU in Interior Design! I heard that you went there as well! We love it here is St. George even though the major majority of our family is up north! How are you and what are you up too, besides being newly pregnant?

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love your title picture! the umbrella and you two on your wedding day - timeless!

Heidi said...

WHAT?! Wow. Congrats! Didn't see that one coming! I'm so happy for you. I definitely know the feeling of nausea - NOT fun! Love ya!

Jordan said...

I am SO excited for you two! You will be such a cute mom!