
Zachary Edward Reynolds was born Sunday the 28th at 8:04 a.m. He was 7lbs 6ounces and 20 inches long.
Here is my story, I warn you it isn't too pleasant but it has a happy ending...... Saturday night my back was hurting and we had been out shopping and walking around so I wanted to go home and rest. We had my little niece Paris sleeping over cause she was in town and had been asking since she got her. We went home had dinner, I gave the girls a bath, we played a little then I put them to sleep. I woke up at 1:00 with a contraction and had to go potty and went back to bed. I have had contractions for weeks and they are always worse at night so I didn't think to much of it. I woke up every 30 min till 3:00 a.m. I was in a lot of pain so I decided to time them. After 40 min of them being painful and 3 minutes apart I woke up Jeff. He called his mom and sister around 4 a.m and they came over around 4:45. We headed to the hospital in the blizzard running a few lights so we wouldn't slide everywhere. By this time they were really close and really hurting. I felt no pain with Ava so I was not too happy about it.
We got to the hospital around 5:05. I told the nurse I went really fast with Ava so if I could get an epidural ASAP that would be great. The nurse checked me and my contractions were about 2 minutes apart. I was dilated to a 4 at this point. They moved me to a room to deliver 30 or so minutes later and I again reminded them about the epidural. My contractions slowed to 3-4 minutes apart but they were getting a little more intense. I again at 6:30 asked for an epidural and told them I will probably go fast. At 7:15 I was in so much pain with every contraction I just sobbed. I couldn't think straight and tried to breath through it but I never took a class on natural birth so had NO preparations. I asked for en epidural AGAIN and Jeff asked and the nurse checked me and I was only at a 6. I told her that meant he was coming in the next 30 minutes. I guess NO one really listened to me or thought I was serious. I was so ticked and in so much pain I couldn't stand it. With every contraction that came I curled into a ball and just cried. Everything would seriously go black and all I would try and focus on was breathing. At 7:45 they came in to give me an epidural and surprise surprise he was close to coming. They gave it to me and I barely felt a little relief before 7:55 when I knew he was coming and could feel him. The nurse checked me and sure enough his head was right there. I wanted to punch someone. They hadn't even called the doctor till late because they didn't think I would go so fast so they asked me not to push. I can't even tell you how impossible that is when the baby wants to come.
After suffering probably 5 minutes (which seemed like an eternity) I had a death grip on Jeff's sweater and kept saying "Where is the doctor!!!" I kept asking if I could just push because I didn't care if he was there. The baby had been down so long his heart rate dropped a lot. It was dangerous that the stupid nurse wouldn't let me push. I seriously wanted to punch her.
Finally the doctor comes strolling in wearing his street clothes. Throws on scrubs and in 4 minutes or so delivers the baby. I had no idea who the doctor was. He probably got paid a ton for his 5 minutes of work. I was so frustrated with the staff but I had such a beautiful baby boy. I am not happy I am going to have to pay for the epidural and doctor when neither did much. I never wanted a natural birth and always said that was a big fear going to fast. I was so mad at the staff for taking so long with everything but Zach is here and he are both healthy and strong which is all that really matters.
3 comments:
Robyn he is just beautiful and I love his name!! Ava looks like a natural too :)
I'm so sorry the birth was a terrible experience. Like you said, at least the outcome is a happy one!!!
-Mary
congrats guys!! he is super cute!! sorry the birth was so bad-- i totally was feeling for you as i read this post!! it sounds much like when i had kole!! where did you deliver??? sounds like they werent very great!!?!?
Zach is so adorable,so beautiful! So sorry to hear about the whole delivery experienced, I know I hate it if someone at the hospital doesn't pay attention as if we didn't know our body right? But lets just focus on the great blessings, coz he is just precious and wonderful!
Post a Comment