Ok so Ava is only 20 months so I am not pushing anything at all but the other day she kept saying poo poo and she wasn't stinky so I checked her diaper and no poop. She said it again and I told her you didn't poop. About 5 minutes later sure enough she pooped. I was like HELLO if I just took 10 seconds to put her on the toilet she probably would have gone. When she does poop she brings me a wipe and diapers from her room and I started thinking....is she ready?
She is still young but who knows. So to you other mommy's....how did you know your kid was ready? What age? How did you go about potty training?
Thanks!!
4 comments:
Oh go with it when she's ready. you have nothing to loose if you want to try it out, except diapers! Cora has gone in and out of being ready and not ready, I feel like it will never happen. so good luck to you!!
Kaden is constantly saying pee, poop, and toot all day long. Whenever I take him to his potty seat, he just laughs. I don't think he has made the connection yet. I have absolutely no advice for you. I am going through the exact same situation. Good luck!
Hi Robyn, This is your crazy Mom just putting in her thoughts. So many times I find it is the Mom who is not ready to train, not the child. If she is indicating readiness, go with it. But be aware that it may take some time and planning to make it happen (just like all good things in life.) She obviously knows and wants to use the toilet. Get a plastic stool by the toilet so she can climb on it and reach the toilet. Good luck Ava, at training Mom.
Hi cutie, it's dad. Do what I did with all 7 of my children...just let their 1st grade teacher worry about it! Ok, in your case it was the 2nd grade teacher but you get the point. Always here to help....dad
Post a Comment