Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Not our month
So I thought I would blog about the month of death for us. So over the weekend of the 4th we went to St. George to visit my sister-in-law. Ava had a fever of 102 the day we left and had double ear infections. We sat in the Instacare for almost 4 hours to find that out on Friday. Then that Saturday I took my little niece and nephew on a big blow up slide and when I got to the bottom the little boy was gone. We were screaming and looking for him and I felt worse than I ever had in my life. He had walked back to where we were sitting and the whole thing lasted only a few minutes but it seemed like forever.
Then that Sunday we were eating lunch getting ready to head back when Ava goes limp and stops breathing in my arms. Her face turned blue and I didn't know if she passed out or was choking or what was going on. We called 911 and the paramedics came and by then she was breathing and much better. Then we spent again almost 4 hours in the ER running test after test and decided she probably had a heat stroke. That became my worst moment ever. Since it was so late we stayed and spent the day in St. George sleeping on the floor. Well not really sleeping more like staring at Ava to make sure she was breathing.
By the way we just switched our insurance to a high deductible so we would pay less monthly and because we were all healthy so I didn't think we would need better coverage......WRONG.
We just got our bills and they are not pretty.
Then Jeff got a $90 speeding ticket. Our phone bill is way way over this month. At $200 and we have no idea why. Jeff lost his job but got his old job back at a new branch so that ended up ok. Lastly... today I was driving home and our nice good car stopped working. I was driving down Redwood and it just stopped. We had to tow it and they said they will get to it by Thursday. So I am home without a car and Jeff has to drive a car with no AC. I am sure the bill for that won't be pretty either.
I know I have tons to be thankful for but we sure are being tested right now. I love my husband and my baby and have a good home and neighbors. I love my family and family-in-law and thank goodness for them. I guess when it rains it really does pour.
On a good note Ava is still as cute as ever and loves to walk with her push stroller. She is so good at it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Awww so sorry you've been having a tough month! You'll make it through! I just know it! We need to get together soon!
BELIEVE me when I say I understand. It's been a rough couple of months for me as well, but its how we deal that matters. Never forget that. Love ya!
ROBYN!!! What a crazy month! I hope you win the lottery or something soon, those medical bills are killers! I am happy to hear that health wise, you have all turned out ok. You poor family!
I am really sorry about your rough month. It seems like when one thing goes bad, everything else decides to follow the trend. I hope everything works out for your cute family.
ShRobyn, that's so scary about Ava. I'm so glad she's okay. I'm sorry you've had a tough month. Please let me know if you need anything. And remember after struggles something great always comes after. Love you.
I'm sorry. It's true that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it! Pretty sure I wouldn't be in a good mood about happenings like that either... but thank goodness for the good things in life. Family is more important than anything. I'm glad Ava is back to being herself. What a scare... I'm glad you are all ok!
It sounds like you have been on a rollercoaster ride lately! I am sorry that so many hard things have happened-so close together...It doesn't surprise me that you are thankful and have a positive attitude about it all. Just know that if there is anythign I can do to help- I am more than willing! Hang in there =)
Robyn I am so sorry that all this has happened. Isnt weird how God tests us so much. My only advice would be to "just keep swimming" as dori the fish would say and keep your faith that Heavenly Father is mindful of you and your family so much. He only gives us trials that he wants us to overcome and put all of our faith in him. I am so glad that you have family so close :)
I also wanted to let you know that if you ever need anything please let me know. I know I am a little far to help with watching Ava, but if you are ever at your moms and need anything just call me.
Good luck~
Post a Comment