Sunday, April 12, 2009
The True Meaning of Easter
I have made it a goal to read the scriptures every night while I am putting Ava to sleep. I really started loving to read them because it made nursing go by so fast so I started reading them in prep for her nap time too. The other day I was reading in Mormon about Jesus and how the only way to return to Heavenly Father is through him. I don't know why but at that moment it hit me so hard that because of the sacrifice Jesus made for me, I can be with Ava and Jeff forever. I already knew this but for some reason it just really hit home that someone as imperfect as me can still have the chance to have my family sealed to me forever. I felt so incredibly grateful for that knowledge.
Since this is what Easter is all about I thought I would share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
thanks for sharing your thoughts robyn...i know exactly how you feel. we are so blessed! and those pictures below are darling. i'm so glad ava {and you and jeff} had an enjoyable easter!
Rob, I love it when people share thoughts like this on their blogs! It really is what life is all about, and it's amazing to think that Heavenly Father trusted us with such precious little ones! You all look darling, and I'm glad you had a happy Easter!
your so right, Don't you feel so wonderful with that insight and peace in your life!
Thanks for this. We all get too caught up in the "Easter Bunny" and all the hoopla that comes with it. Christmas is already all about Santa Claus... why ruin Easter too? Not that I don't think treats are necessary. But it will be a goal of mine to teach my kids the true meaning of both holidays.
Post a Comment