Today Ava was wheezing worse than ever. We went to my niece and nephews birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese and my nurse mom, nurse sister and doctor brother-in-law all listened to Ava and said she didn't sound good and we might want to get her checked out. We have already been to our pediatrician twice this week but all they seemed to check her for was RSV. They didn't do any other real tests.
After all of them said that I should probably go in I didn't want to wait around so I went to the insta care. They did way more tests. Including a horrible chest x-ray where Ava had to sit with her arms up and a machine tight around her chest and screamed the whole time. Then she had to have a little mask on her face that had steam medicine and she cried the whole time during that too. Anyway after all these horrible things they told us Ava has Bronchiolitis. It is a virus that is in her Bronchial tubes.
They gave us some liquid steroid medicine and we give her more tomorrow. Finally we found out what was wrong. Now I just hope she gets better.
P.S. One thing that is WAY weird.....Bronchiolitis is more common in male babies, babies who are not breastfed or babies who are around cigarette smoke. Since Ava is a girl, has ALWAYS been breastfed and no one I know smokes I just think it is crazy.
6 comments:
That is so sad. Poor thing :( I hate going to to the doctor and having them tell you there is nothing they can do. I'm glad someone finally did some other tests on her so she can finally get better.
bless her little heart! I hope she starts to get better soon. Thats so crazy she got it.
Poor Ava!! So glad you finally got to the bottom of things! Hang in there!! I hate when my kids are sick!!!!
Poor baby Ava. I am glad you found out what was wrong with her. Don't you love going to the pediatrition and having them brush you off like you are crazy and your baby is fine. I hope she gets better soon.
oh my gosh this has been such a hard month for her! I am so so sorry. It is so hard to see your little one sick. I am so glad you found out what it was now though.
Good luck little Ava - and mommy :)
Oh no, that's horrible news. But come on Robyn we all know you are a smoker so it just didn't even help the situation. ;)
I hope the little one gets better she's too cute to be sick.
Post a Comment