Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Pre Term Labor
Sunday morning about 3:00 a.m. I woke up to use the bathroom and could barely move because my lower back hurt so bad. I thought I must have slept wrong so I laid there in pain for about an hour before I fell back to sleep. Then when I woke up in the morning I could barely stand it hurt so bad. I got up stairs and ate breakfast than decided maybe a bath would help. After my bath I realized my back was not getting any better so I was not going to church. Poor Jeff had to teach our Valiant 9 class by himself. So he left for church and my mom came home from my sisters ward and since she was a labor and delivery nurse I figured she might know how to help me. She said I needed to go to the hospital because it sounded like I was in labor. So I sent Jeff a text and he left church early to take me. I felt like a huge complainer going to the hospital and that they were going to just send me home but I thought it was better to be safe than sorry. When we got to the hospital I changed into the gown and they had me strapped into some monitors in no time. One monitor kept track of the baby's heart beat and one kept track to see if I was having contractions. Right when she put the monitors on she said I was having a contraction and that I was looking like I was in labor. They checked me and I was dilated to a 1+ and 80% effaced. Which she didn't like for me only being 31 weeks with my first baby. She gave me a shot to stop the contractions and it slowed them down for a bit but they didn't stop. Then she gave me another shot and after an hour or so of that not stopping them they put me on morphine for the pain and in hopes that if it calmed me down it would stop the contractions. They slowed again but picked up shortly. Then they decided to give me a shot of steroids for the baby's lungs so that if I had her early her lungs could be more developed. My sisters, Kelly and Amanda came to visit me which was a huge help because Amanda is also a labor and delivery nurse. Amanday explained things to me and let me know if they thought I was really going to deliver soon they would rush me to another hospital that could deliver and take care of a 31 week baby. I felt better knowing they were not sending me anywhere soon. I was feeling so crappy and sick and at about 1:00 a.m. my two sisters left and my dad came up. After throwing up a bit my dad and Jeff gave me a blessing that I would be ok and be able to be healthy along with the baby. The blessing made me feel a ton better. The doctors also put me on oral medication to stop my labor and checked me again. I had gone from a 1+ to a 2 so I was slightly dilating. They kept me over night and checked on me every hour or so. Jeff slept with me which made it all seem bearable. The next day I felt a little better but still had some contractions so we went through a lot of the same things. At about 5:30 p.m. my contractions were pretty much gone and the doctor checked me and I hadn't dilated anymore. At 9:15 p.m. they gave me another shot for the babies lungs and said I could go home. However I am on very strict bed rest and can go from my room to the bathroom and that is about it. In a week I have a doctors appointment and in 2 weeks he'll let me know if I can be more mobile. It is nice to be home but I miss the monitors telling me my baby is ok. This whole thing has been so scary and I just hope and pray she can hang in there until she is more developed. Well I should probably go lay back down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
Robyn!!!! Oh my Gosh! I am glad everything stopped. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you! I know I am 300 miles away, but I am always home if you need to talk! I had a similar experience with Colton at exactly 31 weeks as well although it wasn't as serious as yours! Enough to scare me to death though! Call if you need to chat!! Hang in there!!
I will definitely keep you in our prayers! Get some rest for sure!I hopoe you feel better and get to at least 34 plus weeks! Have a better week!
Wow Robyn that would be scary. Hi this is Brandie by the way I found your blog the other night. You stay on bed rest take care of yourself. That's scary.
Crazyness!! I am glad things are okay! Stay in bed, no more blog posts until the doctors says its okay to be up and about!
Scary! I'm so glad you are feeling better and everything went ok. Let us know if you guys ever need anything we are only 10 min away. ps just in case you get restless Breaking Dawn comes out on sat that should keep ya pretty entertained.
That is crazy how you were fine one day and the next day in pre-term labor! Take it easy and rest rest rest so she will decide there is no hurry to get here! Hopefully everything will look good in the next couple of weeks when you go to the doctor!
EEK! Holy cow Robyn, thats scary. I am glad things are going okay right at this moment. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help, even if you are bored stuck in bed, I will come over and entertain you!
Oh scarry! If I can do anything for you let me know. Thats so scarry. power of the preisthood, is all I can say. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Holy crap! I'm glad you are ok and the baby is doing fine. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I need to bring you your gift from the shower so if you want a visitor I'm really close. Please call me if you need ANYTHING!!
SHROBYN!!! I bet that was a little scary as a mom. Don't worry though, just follow the Dr's instruction and your baby girl will be just fine:) Call if you need anything!
Roby I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I know you are tough enough though that in the end it will all be fine. You always make Lemonaide out of lemons and thats what I love about you! Plus once your little girl is in your arms you will forget everything but how crazy you are about her! Youa re in our prayers and we are planning on fasting this sunday for you! Keep us updated! Just because we are across the ocutnry doesn't mean we aren't thinking about you!
Wow- Robyn i am so sorry you are going through this! I can only imagine the emotions you have. Stay strong. We will have you in our thoughts and prayers! Keep in touch and let me know if i can do anything for you!
Hey I hope everything is ok now, be careful and follow doctors orders strictly, Please call if you need anything, I should come stop by and make sure you are doing ok. Hang in there, every week makes a huge difference.
i'm so sorry to hear that! i hope everything else goes smoothly!
You poor thing! I am glad that things are ok! You do what the doctor says and stay in bed! i know your little babe will be ok! Keep us posted!
ROBYN! First of all, the LAST thing you should be worried about is me. This is your baby, you crazy girl! We love you and are thinking about you. Follow Dr's orders better than ever! You don't want to leave the hospital without a baby because she's too sick to come home (like I really had to tell you that!). Let me know what I can do!
Whoa scary! I'm glad everything is good though! Oh, the things we go through for our babies huh!
Good luck, Robyn. Hope you feel okay. I love you and I hope to see you on Thursday... If not, obviously that will be understandable. I know that everyone has said to call if you need anything, but the offer stands here, too. Please don't hesitate. I understand completely what it's like for something to go wrong with the pregnancy, but everything will be fine.
Post a Comment