Friday, May 9, 2008

First outside kick!!!!

An amazing thing happened today! I felt my baby kick outside my tummy for the first time. I know that sounds weird but what I mean is...I can feel her move inside my tummy all of the time but when I put my hand on her I can never feel it. Today I was at my computer and she was doing a jig like never before. So I put my hand on my tummy and felt her kick so hard back at me that I gasped. I was so loud 4 people around just starred at me and then 1 asked if I saw a spider. I started laughing so hard and told them I just felt my little girl kick my hand for the first time. Now I know other preggo moms are probably thinking big deal I feel my baby all the time. But it was amazing. I just kept laughing and feeling so blessed to have that little connection. I kept putting my hand on my tummy and I felt her once more and started giggling like a little school girl. It was probably embarrassing but I was just too excited to care.

5 comments:

Carly said...

Yay for the little soccer player! Ava and Dax will have so much fun!

Jenna Bishop said...

Thats exciting!!!!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

That is so exciting about feeling the first "outside kick." Trust me,it only gets better. Pretty soon you will be able to see your stomach move when she kicks you. It's great!

Heidi said...

Yay! How fun.

brooke! said...

I was a witness of Robyn's gasp. She really freaked us out at work! I was about to run from our cubby area afraid from a big, creep, crawly spider.